Wednesday 22 December 2010

Mini-art Update…

…Here are the Flippers pages that I have created so far:

image0

The first one was inspired by music that I was listening to; For Children to Play by Spyweirdos.  It´s really messy (thankfully, I managed to disguise the hole I made in the paper!) but hey! get over it.  I´m having fun!

image0-1

This one evolved from some tiny scraps of card that I´d torn up and were going to throw away.

image0-2

A haiku dedicated to my friend, who I swim with twice a week.

image0-3

A quote from my only “exercise” book, although really it´s more about a way of life.  This is about Chi Kung, which I have recently started to re-introduce into my daily practise.

image0-4

The first of a number of pages that use words from packaging.  This one from a wholefood bag.  Life is Beautiful is the translation of a vida é bela, in Portuguese.

image0-5

A bit hard to read, this says “…Steal the fire from the gods and remake the innerverse in the image of the outerverse…”  This page because I am working with the Wands (fire) in my tarot study.

image0-6

Another packaging page.  Cem Porcento means 100% and I was really having one hundred per cent fun!

image0-7

The “6mins” is a tag from a tea bag.  It is a reminder to myself to take care of my needs and that all I need to do is take a series of short time periods throughout the day, to carry out little creativity and self-loving exercises i.e. flossing (!!!), Chi Kung, and mini-art.

image0-8

Yet another packaging page.  I love the way these little clippings jump out at me from a piece of package that I was just going to put into the bin!  They make the page for the day virtually create itself.

image0-9

This last one is from my favourite witchcraft book.  Montol is the Cornish word for Winter Solstice and this is a chant from a Montol ritual. 

Solstice Blessings to you all!

No comments: