Saturday 9 December 2006

Kernow Bys Vykken - Cornwall Forever





Maids of Cornwall unite (and spread the light) !

Sometimes I feel very far from my beloved homeland, Cornwall. Never more than 15 miles from the sea anywhere in the county; now I am quite land-locked in central Portugal. Luckily, Cornwall is taken care off by some very special, loving people, including my best friends.

I want to talk about one of them; the most special person and a beacon of light and love. Julie: CONGRATULATIONS!
Julie has just been awarded "Highly Commended" for her business enterprise, Business English in Cornwall, in a Green Tourism competition. Her business was described as 'Eco-linguistics meets bio-diversity ... '. She's worked hard for this and at last she has recognition. She offers a lovely place to stay while visiting Cornwall, and what better place to study English. Check her out at http://www.businessenglishincornwall.com/.




Cornwall runs deep in the veins of old L.G.S. (Liskeard Grammar School) girls, and for Julie, so deep she finds it hard to leave at all. My contact with her keeps me connected to my roots and her emails give me such a warm, cosy feeling that I know everything really is alright.


Kernow Bys Vykken




No comments: