Monday 4 October 2010

The Veil is Getting Thinner…

This poem was posted on the excellent blog Our Scented Cottage.  I looked for the name of the poet but according to another great link: Earth Spirit Pagans - Samhain 2008 pdf, he or she is unknown.  Anyone want to claim authorship?

The Veil is Getting Thinner

As I went out walking this fall afternoon,
I heard a whisper whispering.
I heard a whisper whispering,
Upon this fine fall day...


As I went out walking this fall afternoon,
I heard a laugh a' laughing.
I heard a laugh a' laughing,
Upon this fine fall day...


I heard this whisper and I wondered,
I heard this laugh and then I knew.
The time is getting near my friends,
The time that I hold dear my friends,
The veil is getting thin my friends,
And strange things will pass through.

No comments: